Things-to-do in the" off-season"
10. Go Beachcombing - you never know what the water will bring ashore!
9. Explore the New Jersey Coastal Heritage Trail
8. "Walk the Boards" (There are still many arcades open)
7. Watch the sun rise over the ocean or set over the bay
6. Set out to sea on a party or fishing boat
5. Shop for Christmas gifts at a nearby mall
4. Visit a famous landmark lighthouse or museum
3. Go to a concert, race track or aquarium
2. Visit Atlantic City - America's Favorite Playground!
1. Keep posted to The Virtual New Jersey Shore for all your winter events!!
Top Ten Jersey Shore Attractions - North to South
10. Keansburg Amusement Park - Runaway Rapids Offers fun for young and old - wide selection of kiddie rides, arcades, water park, swimming and dining.
9. Monmouth Park Racetrack - Oceanport - Boasts some the most magnificent thoroughbreds and skilled jockeys in the world. Picnic area and ten eateries.
8. Jenkinsons - Point Pleasant Beach Boardwalk, arcades, Jenkinsons Aquarium, shopping district, beach. Fireworks Spectacular every Thursday night.
7. Casino Pier/Waterworks - Seaside Heights Jet Star (terrifying roller coaster), boardwalk, arcades, swimming, water park.
6. Island Beach State Park - 9 mile stretch of pristine sands. Nature tours, surf fishing, swimming, picnicking, scuba diving.
5. Barnegat Lighthouse - Open Memorial Day to Labor Day. 217 steps to the top for a panoramic view of Barnegat Bay and Island Beach State Park.
4. Bay Village - Beach Haven Quaint shopping complex of fine store and eateries. Bay Village and Schooner's Wharf serve as THE focal point for family fun and shopping on Long Beach Island.
3. Atlantic City Casinos - " Americas favorite playground" - Casinos, boardwalk, beach, arcades, amusements and salt water taffy.
2. Lucy The Elephant - Margate A historic landmark synonymous with the Jersey Shore, this 6 story structure once served as a hotel, and can be seen from eight miles away.
1. Wildwood Boardwalk - 5 miles of New Jersey's widest beaches, 2 miles of boardwalks filled with shops, eateries, and five amusement piers throughout these 3 towns.
**Check our Point of Interests Guide for information on 100 places to see!!**
nj atractions - http://www.virtualnjshore.com/points.html